What is the difference between Plus2 and Player ?
Plus2 control panel has adjustment buttons for speed, spin, height, etc. All these can also be remotely controlled by Drill Maker app. Player control panel only has drill selection and Start / Stop. All other features can only be remotely controlled by Drill Maker app.
Refer to the control panel photos of above models in product description to have clear understanding. All other machine specifications are same for both models.
How do I align the machine during start up? (Player and Plus2 models)
1. Power ON the machine. It will perform a start-up calibration with left-right oscillation, followed by continuous beeping, or 3 beeps for 2019 or above models.
2. During the beeping, lift and align machine perpendicular to the baseline. Avoid turning machine's position without lifting it. Placing inside the court line is preferable.
3. Press the Start button at the panel. The beeping will stop and it will turn to the last played position. The machine is ready for communicating with smartphone wifi. Then press the Stop button to pause the ball feeder.
4. Select USRxxxx wifi network on the phone Setting.
5. Tap Connect on the phone Drill Maker app. If prompted that there is no internet connection, tap on "Stay Connected". Take note that phone will not have data roaming function when it is connected to the machine. If there is VPN connection in phone, it should be disabled. Preferable to set phone screen off time at 5 mins or more to minimize wifi disconnection. It is in phone Display setting, not in Drill Maker app.
6. Choose default D7 wide 2-line drill and shoot some balls to align machine such that balls land approximately equal distance to baseline center T.
What are the default drills?
The drill types are indicated at the app display, bottom left corner. In drill edit mode, you can swipe left-right on phone screen to move to next or previous drill.
Why do the balls seem to lose distance at topspin drill even with maximum speed?
Ball spin is achieved by slowing down either one of the propelling wheels. Reduce the spin level to increase ball speed. Placing the machine inside court at baseline gives more flexibilities in spins with speed.
Do I need to Off the power switch at the panel to conserve battery?
Power consumption is minimal with free running wheels. 2019 or newer models have auto propeller wheels stop feature when machine is in pause state.
Why does the ball suddenly lose speed such that it cannot cross the net?
Check the T and B reset buttons at the control panel. Off the power switch if any of the buttons pops out. Wait for the wheels to come to a stop, check and remove any ball inside the propel wheels compartment. Very likely it is caused by a wet ball. Turning machine upside down might be necessary if ball is not accessible by hand. Trapped ball can affect height control.
Why is the machine not able to turn wide angle even with horz = 1 and 20 ?
it is likely one of the rubber feet has dropped off. Make sure the side wheels do not touch the court surface.